Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Who is my neighbor?

Samaritan Passover (1900)Image via WikipediaWho is my neighbor?
NICODEMUS Who is my neighbor?

JESUS A man was taking a trip, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road and when he saw the man he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

JESUS (CONT’D) But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came were the man was; and when he saw him he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. The he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper ‘Look after him;’ he said, and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you might have.

JESUS (CONT’D) Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers? Go, and do likewise.

NICODEMUS How important is love?

JESUS A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

NICODEMUS How is love tied to following the commandments

JESUS Whoever has my commands and obey them, he is the one who love me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. This is one of my commands: Love each other.

NICODEMUS I have trouble loving God more than others?

JESUS Feed my lambs, take care of my sheep.

NICODEMUS Why should we affect the world around us?

JESUS You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for everything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

JESUS (CONT’D) You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your lite shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

NICODEMUS Must we still obey the commandments?

JESUS Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law; I have not come to abolish them. I tell you the truth until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the law until everything is accomplished.

JESUS (CONT’D) Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the Kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the Kingdom of heaven.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment