Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Monday, November 1, 2010

CUT TO: EXT TEMPLE COURT A open air market place is being held in a temple court. They are selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. We see Nicodemus standing there admiring the business being done. Jesus walks up with his disciples. He is carrying a whip made out of cords. He drives out the merchants, sheep and cattle from the temple area. He scatters the coins of the money changers and overturns their tables.

John the Baptist baptizing ChristImage via WikipediaCUT TO: EXT TEMPLE COURT A open air market place is being held in a temple court. They are selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. We see Nicodemus standing there admiring the business being done. Jesus walks up with his disciples. He is carrying a whip made out of cords. He drives out the merchants, sheep and cattle from the temple area. He scatters the coins of the money changers and overturns their tables.

JESUS Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father’s house into a market!

NICODEMUS What miraculous sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?

JESUS Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.

NICODEMUS It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and your are going to raise it in three days? Jesus walks off. Nicodemus becomes infuriated.

NICODEMUS (CONT’D) This man is dangerous, I better follow him. Nicodemus walks off following Jesus. CUT TO: EXT.

PATH TO A RIVER BANK Jesus is walking down the path toward the river. At the river bank John the Baptist is baptizing people in the water. Nicodemus is following at a distance. When John sees Jesus coming toward him he says:

JOHN Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me. I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.

JOHN (CONT’D) I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me. ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God.” At the top of the river bank, Nicodemus had stood and watched. He appears to be impressed. Jesus walks back up the path with Nicodemus following at a distance. CUT TO: EXT

PATH TO A RIVER BANK As he follows Jesus away they meet a government official. Nicodemus thinks that the official is looking for him, so he rushes forward. But the official goes directly to Jesus.

OFFICIAL Sir, please come down to Capernaum and heal my son, who is close to death.

JESUS Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders, you will never believe.

OFFICIAL Sir, come down before my child dies.

JESUS You may go. Your son will live. The official rushes off. And Jesus continues down the path with Nicodemus following at a distance. CUT TO: EXT
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment