Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Crucifixion

Jesus and NicodemusImage via WikipediaCrucifixion
EXT ACT 2 PT 4 GOLGOTHA We see a mentally and emotionally beaten Nicodemus in the background as Jesus (physically beaten but emotionally and mentally strong) is crucified. They offer Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall; but after tasting it, he refuses to drink it.

NICODEMUS There my Lord is on the cross, but he is strong enough to face it, without any help. I am here with everything, and I am emotionally and mentally beaten. They divide up Jesus clothes by casting dice.

NICODEMUS (CONT’D) Jesus gives up everything, even his clothes and life. I am unable to give up nothing.

Religious leaders & Elders come up and say, ELDERS You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God?

ELDERS (CONT’D) He saved others, but he can’t save himself! He’s the King of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, I am the Son of God.

Nicodemus is shocked by this and says, NICODEMUS It is clear that I cannot be both a member of the Sanhedrin and a disciple of Jesus. I need to commit to one or the other. Jesus cries out in a loud voice,

JESUS My God, my God why have you forsaken me?

ELDERS He’s calling Elijah. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.

NICODEMUS There is no doubt who is closer to God, Jesus, not the religious leaders. I need to make a break from my current life.

JESUS It is finished. Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.

Jesus dies NICODEMUS I believe this man is truly my Savior and Lord. I turn over my life to God, along with everything in my life. I will trust him for everything; and Love him with my whole heart, mind, soul, spirit and strength. Nicodemus walks away weeping. CUT TO:

INT ACT 2 PP2 - HIGH PRIEST HOUSE Nicodemus walks up to High Priest and hands him a Scroll and says,

NICODEMUS O honored High Priest, I have become a disciple of Jesus and I feel that I no longer can be a member of the Sanhedrin, who has condemned my Lord to death. Therefore this is my resignation.

NICODEMUS (CONT’D) I have gotten permission from Pilate to bury my Lord; and this is what I am going to do.

Nicodemus turns and walks away. CUT TO:

EXT GARDEN TOMB ALONGSIDE GOLGOTHA(CHRIST CRUCIFICTION)

Nicodemus and a friend come to the cross and take Jesus down. The two of them wrap the body with spices, in strips of linen. They carry the body to a nearby tomb and lay Jesus in it. The sequence ends with Nicodemus weeping tears of joy.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment