Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Jesus Visits

Detail - Glory of the New Born Christ in prese...Image via WikipediaJesus Visits
While they are still talking about this, Jesus appears among them and says to them:

JESUS Peace be with you.

The disciples are startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He says to them, JESUS (CONT’D) Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see, a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have. When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet.

JESUS (CONT’D) Do you have anything here to eat? They give him a piece of broiled fish and he takes it and eats it.

JESUS (CONT’D) This is what I told you while I was still with you; Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Scriptures.

JESUS (CONT’D) This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to provide you what my Father has promised.

JESUS (CONT’D) Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet believed.

JESUS (CONT’D) If you love me; feed my sheep and follow me.

JESUS (CONT’D) As the Father has sent me, I am sending you. And with that he breathed on them and says,

JESUS (CONT’D) Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins they are forgiven.

JESUS (CONT’D) All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Jesus disappears and Nicodemus talks to other disciples

NICODEMUS Jesus is truly the Son of God. And I am going to dedicate my life to loving God with my whole heart, mind, soul, and spirit.

Nicodemus starts to leave as he says, NICODEMUS (CONT’D) I now know what I must do to have God’s Kingdom in my heart, and be a member of Jesus’s Kingdom.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment