Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Warns his disciples

Kiss of Judas * Giotto di BondoneImage by Carla216 via FlickrWarns his disciples
CUT TO: EXT OUTSIDE THE TEMPLE ACT 2 PT 3 Jesus is leaving the temple and is walking away when the disciples along with Nicodemus come up to him. Jesus says,

JESUS You will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At the end times many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

A messenger comes to Nicodemus (Judas is standing close by and listening), and says, MESSENGER Please come to a meeting of the Sanhedrin. Judas leaves the group.

CUT TO: INT PALACE OF HIGH PRIEST Religious Leaders are meeting, with Nicodemus in the background.

HIGHPRIEST But not during the Feast or there may be a riot among the people Judas comes in.

JUDAS What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you. The Leaders count out thirty silver coins. Nicodemus leaves looking confused and murmuring

NICODEMUS What should I do, What should I do.

CUT TO: INT TRIAL ROOM-HIGH PRIEST-NICODEMUS-JESUS Jesus is led in, and a mildly confident Nicodemus moving close to Jesus. He becomes Jesus defender.

NICODEMUS Does our law condemn anyone without first hearing him to find out what he is doing. Jesus tell the what you teach.

HIGHPRIEST Are you from Galilee, too? Look into it and you will find that a prophet does not come out of Galilee. So Jesus, what is this we hear about your teaching.

JESUS I have spoken only to the world. I always taught in synagogues or at the Temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret. Why question me? Ask those who heard me. Surely they know what I said.

OFFICIAL Is this the way you answer the high priest?

JESUS If I said something wrong, testify as to what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike me?

WITNESS This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild another not made by man in three days.

HIGHPRIEST Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?

HIGHPRIEST (CONT’D) I charge you under oath by the Living God: Tell us if you are the Christ the Son of God.

JESUS If I tell you, you will not believe me, and if I asked you, you would not answer. Yes, it is as you say, But I say to all of you. In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty one and coming on the clouds of heaven.

HIGHPRIEST He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy from his own lips? What do you think?

OFFICIAL He is worthy of death.

Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slap him. Nicodemus is shocked and feels responsible for the condemnation.

OFFICIAL (CONT’D) Prophesy to us, Christ, Who hit you?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment