Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Friday, November 12, 2010

How shall we act

Dispute of Jesus and the Pharisees over tribut...Image via WikipediaHow shall we act
NICODEMUS How should we act in this Kingdom?

JESUS The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves. For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves. You are those who have stood by me in my trials. And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom. Nicodemus is bent over weeping

NICODEMUS I vow that I will learn how to enter this personal Kingdom.

TWO MEN TALKING

NICODEMUS Jesus, You have talked a lot about faith. I have been raised by my parents in the faith. But I have still not sure what you mean?

JESUS Do not think you can say to your self; I have Christian parents! I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Christians. The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

JESUS (CONT’D) As a example: when I saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting their net into a lake, for they were fishermen. I asked them to: ‘Come follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. At once they left their nets and followed me.

JESUS (CONT’D) And when I saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat preparing their nets. Without delay, they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed me. This is faith.

NICODEMUS Since I am a new Christian, I have trouble sharing my faith.

JESUS Once, as I walked along, I saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at a tax collector’s booth. I asked him to: ‘Follow me.’ Levi got up and followed me. He had a dinner for me with other tax collectors and “sinners” and their were many who followed me. And yet at the same time many leaders believe in me. But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; for they loved praise from men more than praise from God.

NICODEMUS I want my faith to impact others.

JESUS Some men came to me carrying a paralytic on a mat and tried to take him into a house I was preaching at. When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him through a hole in the roof. When I saw their faith, I said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven. Your faith affects others.

NICODEMUS Why is faith so important?

JESUS I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment