Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mental Attitudes

Beatitudes, Russian Orthodox Icon (detail)Image via WikipediaMental Attitudes
Measure yourself on these mental attitudes

Poor in Spirit: I have come to the place where I feel accepted by God and do not need success in the world. I recognize my need for God and know that I do not have to earn His/world’s love with wealth, status, or spiritual sophistication.

Mourn: I have come to the place where I can really feel the empty places in my life. I can let others know when I am hurting and share the grief of others without embarrassment. I can weep like Jesus did.

Meek: I have come to the place where I don’t have to be the strong one all the time. I can be tender and gentle with people. I’ve given the control of my life to God and I don’t have to be “in control” all the time.

Spiritual Hunger: I have come to the place where I want to Know God as my LORD and His will for my life more than anything. I am more excited about God’s will for the world than my own financial gain, success in my career, or acceptance by my6 peers. I long for God’s perspective in my decision making.

Merciful: I have come to the place where I can enter into the feelings of someone who is hurting, lonely, or distressed and feel alongside them in their pain. God has given me a sensitivity for the suffering of others.

Pure in Heart: I have come to the place where I can be completely open and honest with God and others – transparent because I have nothing to hide. I don’t have to put on “airs,” or pretend to be what I’m not.

Peacemaker: I have come to the place where I really work at keeping the channels of communication open between me and those around me. I deal with anger and disagreements immediately and don’t allow them to fester. I encourage those around me to work out their differences without hurting one another.

Persecution:I have come to the place where I know what I am living for, and for this cause I am not afraid to suffer and, if need be, die. I am willing to “take the heat” and stand alone for what is right. I can take criticism without feeling self-pity or self-righteousness.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment