Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

How can faith impact my life?

Jesus Christ with childrenImage via WikipediaHow can faith impact my life?
NICODEMUS How can faith impact my life?

JESUS Once two blind men followed me calling out “have mercy on us, Son of David!’ I asked them, ‘Do you believe that I am able to do this?’ ‘Yes Lord,” they replied. Then I touched their eyes and said, ‘According to your faith will it be done to you’; and their sight was restored.

NICODEMUS But sometimes my faith falters!

JESUS Once when the disciples where out on a boat, I walked out to them. Peter cried out: ‘Lord, if it’s you, tell me to come to you on the water.’ ‘Come,‘ I said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward me. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, ‘Lord, save me!’ I reached out and caught him, and said, ‘why did you doubt?’ When we climbed back into the boat, all the disciples worshiped me, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God.’

NICODEMUS I am worried about my small faith being sufficient?

JESUS Once when a man came to me and complained ‘I brought my son who has seizures and is suffering greatly to your disciples, but they could not heal him.’ I replied, ‘O unbelieving and perverse generation, how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.’ I rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment. The disciples asked, ‘Why couldn’t we drive it out?’ I replied, ‘Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. This kind can come out only by prayer. Nothing will be impossible for you.’ The father replied, ‘I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!’

NICODEMUS Why do I need a child like faith?

JESUS In the past people have brought babies to me to touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. But I called the children to me and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.’

NICODEMUS How important is prayer in faith?

JESUS Have faith in God, I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, in will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

NICODEMUS Lord, show us the Father?

JESUS All things have been committed to me by my Father, No one knows who the Son is except the Father and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, show us the Father. Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and that the Father is in me. The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment