Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Friday, January 21, 2011

FIVE BARRIERS TO COMMITMENT

Children singing and playing music, illustrati...Image via WikipediaFIVE BARRIERS TO COMMITMENT



1. PrideArrogant people are on the way to ruin. (Proverbs 18:12 TEV) A self-sufficient fool falls flat on his face. (Proverbs 10:8 LB)



2. GuiltProblems far too big for me to solve are piled higher than my head. Meanwhile my sins, too many to count, have caught up with me, and I am ashamed to look up. (Psalm 40:12 LB) God knows all about your sins and your failures, and he loves you anyway. He is ready to forgive all of them if you will just humble yourself and ask him to forgive you.If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 NKJV) Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone. (Psalm 32:5 NLT) There is no sin that God cannot forgive. Don’t let pride or guilt keep you from taking this step.



3. FearWhat are you afraid will happen if you commit your life to Christ? What are you afraid God will do if you give him care and control of your life? What are you afraid of losing? What are you holding onto – a relationship, a habit, a life style, a possession, your own ambition – that is keeping you from getting a grip on what God’s wants for your life?



4. WorryGod has a stronger grip on you than you have on him. And he will give you the strength to keep moving forward one moment at a time.God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you to grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished. (Philippians 1:6 LB)



5. Doubt “Anything is possible if a person believes.” The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9:23-24 NLT) “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed … nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20 NIV) It’s not the size of your faith that matters; it’s the size of the God you believe in that makes all the difference. A little faith in a big God, along with being in God’s will and plan for you and it being what God decides is good, gets big results.





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment