Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ACKNOWLEDGE GOD’S EXISTENCE

"Jeremiah Lamenting the Destruction of Je...Image via WikipediaACKNOWLEDGE GOD’S EXISTENCE




Anyone who comes to [God] must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (Hebrews 11:6 NIV)



The question for most people is not, “Is there a God?” The real question is, “Can he control the world around me and my life?”



UNDERSTAND GOD’S CHARACTER



Christ is the visible expression of the invisible God?. (Colossians 1:15 PH)



THREE THINGS WE LEARN ABOUT GOD’S CHARACTER FROM JESUS CHRIST



1. God knows about my situation.You … have seen the crisis in my soul. (Psalm 31:7 LB)You know how troubled I am; you have a record of my tears.(Psalm 56:8 TEV)O God, You know how foolish I am. (Psalm 69:5 NLT)



2. God cares about my situation.He is like a father to us, tender and sympathetic. (Psalm 103:13 LB) He knows what we are made of; he remembers that we are dust. (Psalm 103:14 TEV) “I have loved you with a love that lasts forever. I have kept on loving you with faithful love.” (Jeremiah 31:3 NIrV) For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:13 (NLT)



3. God can change me and my situation. This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! (2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT) God showed his great love for us, by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. (Romans 5:8 NLT)




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment