Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What is wrong with your relationship to God?

Ary Scheffer: The Temptation of Christ, 1854Image via Wikipedia What is wrong with your relationship to God?




Napoleon has been reported to say: "I know men and I tell you. Jesus is not a man. He commands us to believe, and gives no other reason than his awful words I AM GOD." Philosophers try to solve the mysteries of the universe by their empty dissertations: fools: they are like the infant that cries to have the moon for a plaything. Christ never hesitates. He speaks with authority. His religion is a mystery; but it subsists by it's own force. He seeks and absolutely requires, the love of men, the most difficult thing in the world to obtain.



"Alexander, Cesar, Hannibal conquered the world, but had no friends. I myself am perhaps the only person of my day who loves Alexander, Cesar, Hannibal. Alexander, Cesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires, but upon what? Force. Jesus founded his empire upon love; and at this hour millions would die for him. I myself have inspired multitudes with such affection that they would die for me. But my presence was necessary. Now that I am in St. Helena, where are my friends? I am forgotten, soon to return to earth, and become food for worms. When an abyss between my misery and the eternal Kingdom of Christ, who is proclaimed, loved, adored, and which is extending over all the earth. Is this death? I tell you, the death of Christ is not the death of God. I tell you, JESUS CHRIST IS GOD."



And this was from an intelligent powerful non Christian.



Here we see an answer to those who might ask "where is your God?"



What is my plan of "Glory to God?"



(Romans 1:18-22)"God's anger is revealed from heaven against all the sin and evil of the people whose evil ways prevent the truth from being known. God punishes them, because what can be known about God is plain to them, for God himself made it plain. Ever since God created the world, his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are received in the things that God has made. So those people have no excuse at all! They know God, but they do not give him the honor that belongs to him, nor do they thank him. Instead, their thoughts have become complete nonsense, and their empty minds are filled with darkness. They say they are wise, but they are fools."



What attitudes do you have that lead to evil acts?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment