Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

God's Grace.One of the most important aspect's of Christ's death on the cross, and the imparting of the "Holy Spirit," is that we receive God's grace. Grace is one of the supports that the Father provides his children.

Jesus Christ baroque sculpture in Holy Spirit ...Image via WikipediaGod's Grace.One of the most important aspect's of Christ's death on the cross, and the imparting of the "Holy Spirit," is that we receive God's grace. Grace is one of the supports that the Father provides his children.




In (John 3:1-16) Christ's encounter with Nicodemus, we see a presentation of the fundamental issue. Unless a man is prepared to sink his pride and acquire a childlike heart, there is no point in discussing the proper service of God, for there is no other way to salvation.



One common point of discussion between devoted Christians is how much emphasis should be placed on Christ the Son of God. Since God is a "Triune" God, where all three persons are equal and one. The above mentioned discussion is counter productive and does not impart Glory to our God. I choose to put the emphasis on "the Father" because that is where Christ the Son put it. But they are all one.



(John 5:19-20)So Jesus answered them, "I tell you the truth: the Son can do nothing on his own; he does only what he sees his Father doing. What the Father does, the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. He will show him even greater things to do than this, and you will all be amazed."



In your spiritual journey, when did you come to understand this truth?



Believing in Christ or God or both is the same.



(John 12:44-50)Jesus said in a loud voice, "Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in him who sent me.



"Whoever sees me sees also him who sent me. I have come into the world as light, so that everyone who believe in me should not remain in the darkness. If anyone hears my message and does not obey it, I will not Judge him. I came, not to judge the world, but to save it. Whoever rejects me and does not accept my message has one who will judge him. The words I have spoken will be his judge on the last day! This is true because I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has commanded me what I must say and speak. And I know that his command brings eternal life. What I say is what the Father has told me to say."



How is it that Jesus' words can either judge a person or lead one to life?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment