Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

FOUR STEPS OF THE COMMITMENT CHOICE

The Sermon of the Beatitudes (1886-96) by Jame...Image via WikipediaFOUR STEPS OF THE COMMITMENT CHOICE




1. I accept God’s Son as my Savior and LORD. Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved. (Acts 16:31 NIV)



2. I accept God’s Word as my standard.All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the faith and correcting error, for resetting the direction of a man’s life and training him in good living. (2 Timothy 3:16PH)



3. I accept God’s will as my strategy for living. God made you for a purpose that he wants you to fulfill.



4. I accept God’s power as my strength.I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13 NKJV) I [am] standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him.” (Revelation 3:20 LB)



The Commitment Choice means you are making the decision to turn over responsibility for the results when we do our part.



You will seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13 NIV).



Submission to every change God wants to make in my life



I voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life.



Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.” Matthew 5:6 (TEV)



MAKING CHANGES



God wants to transform your character into the character of Christ.



… let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. (Romans 12:2 GNT)



In other words, if you want to change the way you live, you must first change the way you think.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment