Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Tips for success.Tips For Success Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.

Conscience and lawImage via Wikipedia
Tips for success.Tips For Success Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.

No matter what good we do, God knows our motivation for doing it. God judges our motives, not simply our actions.

Conscience is like a compass. If a compass is faulty, you'll quickly get off course. A conscience gets its signals from the heart, which can be dulled, hardened, or calloused. Furthermore, a conscience can be overly sensitive or can even drive one mad....

In order for one's conscience to be a good guide, one the Spirit can direct, it needs to be healthy, sensitive, and capable of getting God's message and truth.

...When one realizes the true condition of the heart without God and ponders the impact of his or her sinfulness, there is an emotional reaction. I have offended. I have grieved the heart of God. I have driven nails into Christ's hands with my sins. That does something to my emotions when I, as a sinner, realize that. When the truth of forgiveness and grace and God's overwhelming love pour over me, there is an emotional reaction. And I must admit that. When I realize that God has reserved a home in heaven for me - a reprobate sinner who was running in the other direction when He stopped me, turned me around in grace, and brought me to Himself - that brings an emotional response. Don't deny those emotions!...

God gave you a mind. Use it to know Him better. Study the doctrines that put steel into the cement of your faith. Exercise your mind!!

God gave you a will. use it to obey Him. Make decisions that honor Him and please Him. Exercise your will!

And God gave you emotions. Don't be afraid of them. Let them out. Allow your heart to show through. Exercise your emotions!

If we refuse to open up, to allow the full prism of His love and truth to shine through our lives, we will miss much of the color life has to offer.

(From Flying Closer to the Flame by Charles Swindoll)

Are you fooling God? It can't be done! You can't just "go through the motions." Live a genuine life of faith today by praying that God will guide your heart and mind. Then he will direct your actions.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment