Welcome to Quality of Life Blog - a place to learn how to live as a Christian

Everything from trusting God to how to pray.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

His Call (Phyllis C. Michael)

Jesus is considered by scholars such as Weber ...Image via WikipediaHis Call (Phyllis C. Michael)




My load is too heavy;My shoulders are broad!My feet are too weary;I'll give you strength!I can't see the way, Lord;I'll be your guide!The path is so steep though;One step at a time!I fear I shall stumble;I'll help you stand!I'm poorly prepared Lord;I'll teach you all!Lord, here's a crossroad;I am the way!I'll go then, where you call;Follow thou Me!



It is every day's life plan; which wrestles with the basic issues and decisions all of us face every day, whoever we are, whatever we do.



Our purpose in these topics is simply to restate some questions that no doubt come to mind in your life and help guide you to some answers. Although "Theology" deals with ideas, truths and doctrines ("doctrine" simply means "teaching"); it points to a very personal and living area, our day to day relationship to our purpose and goals of existence.



If we the provider of these topics and you the student are to achieve this purpose; you must be able to relate what follows; to your social, sexual, political, your individual life, your everyday work and play, and your worship of your God. We both will be satisfied; if after reading this, you will be able to make God a part of your daily life, True God dealing with real men in a real world.



Since we are basing our guidance to daily life on the Christian principals set forth by Jesus Christ; we will be relating much of these topics to what he has left us in guidance. it is often said to know someone you only have to look at the people around them. Well who better to look at, then "God's Son" to get to know God. If we want to relate to him, we must look at how God has provided some very solid guidance to humanity. We will look at the many forms of guidance God provided us; the Church, the Bible, other followers, etc.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment